I am (I’m)
He is (he’s)
She is (she’s)
It is (it’s)
We are (we’re)
You are (you’re)
They are (they’re)
A) Fill in the blanks with am, is, or are.
Example: The weather is pleasant today.
- I ___ not rich.
- This bag ___ very heavy.
- These suitcases ___ very light.
- Look! There ___ Professor Sharma.
- My brother and I ___ good badminton players.
- Aarav ___ at home.
- The other children ___ in school.
- I ___ a taxi driver.
- My sister ___ a nurse.
- My favourite colours ___ pink and blue.
B) Fill in the blanks with short forms: I’m, she’s, it’s, we’re, you’re, and they’re.
Example: Aamir is not well. He’s in bed.
- ___ thirsty. I would love a glass of water.
- Khan is a very old man. ___ 98.
- These chairs aren’t beautiful, but ___ comfortable.
- The weather is pleasant today. ___ cool and breezy.
- Malavika is not at home. ___ at work.
- ___ cold. May I close the window?
- It’s 10 am. ___ late again, Rashid!