For verbs that end in –y (cry, fly) you have to change the –‘y’ to an ‘ies’ in the third person singular( he, she, it).
The baby _ all the time. (cry)
The baby cries all the time.
What is the correct form of the verb in brackets?
- The bird __ high in the sky. (fly)
- My mother __ the pakodas in a little oil. (fry)
- Aamir __ to school. He hopes he won’t get late. (hurry)
- Since Sunita __ so hard, she will succeed in the end. (study)
- Akash __ on a new pair of shoes. (try)
- He __ that he will not have enough money to pay the rent. (worry)
- Rukhsana __ far too many books in her backpack. (carry)
- The cloth __ in the sun. (dry)
- Ayub __ for a new job in the company. (apply)
- The baby __ all through the night. (cry)