In the simple present tense add an ‘es’ to verb roots that end in sh, ch, x, z, or ss to form the third person singular (he, she, it).
A) Fill in the blanks with the correct verb ending.
He wishes his parents for their anniversary.
She ____ an infection.
The argument ____ the point.
The student ____ a picture.
The government ____ businessmen.
B) Fill in the blanks with -s or -es.
- My friend wash__ his face with ice cold water.
- Ananya dance__ beautifully.
- My grandmother pray__ daily.
- Afzal win__ the race easily.
- The dolphin splash__ about in the river.
- Virat throw__ the pillow up in the air.
- Each week Kalpana borrow__ a book from the library.
- The dog catch__ the ball in its mouth.
- Alia watch__ her favourite cartoon.
- She think__ she will go for a walk.
C) Please make sentences of your own with the third person singular form of ‘touch,’ ‘mix,’ ‘pass,’ ‘buzz,’ ‘finish,’ ‘rush,’ ‘reach,’ ‘search,’ ‘teach,’ and ‘hiss.’
D) Find and underline the verbs in this poem.
By Robert Louis Stevenson
The rain is raining all around,
It falls on field and tree,
It rains on the umbrellas here,
And on the ships at sea.