For most adverbs of manner, add ‘ly’ to the adjective.
Rohit is a ‘careful’ worker, becomes
Rohit works ‘carefully.’
A few adverbs of manner are irregular:
Example: good = well; hard = hard; fast = fast.
Rohit is a ‘good’ worker, becomes
Rohit works ‘well.’
A) Complete the following sentences. Look at the underlined adjective. Please fill in the blanks with adverbs of manner.
Example: Sonia is a careless writer. She writes carelessly.
- Varun’s pronunciation is clear. He speaks…
- Abid is a fast learner. He learns…
- Your children are good students. They do… in school.
- My son is a hard worker. He works… on his homework.
- Reema is very quiet in class. She plays… with the other children.
- Razia’s handwriting is neat. She writes…
B) Change the adjectives below to adverbs of manner. Use the adverbs to complete the sentences.
careful creative good hard poor quick
Example: Dilip never practices for his cricket match. He plays poorly.
- Nita gets good marks. She does… in school.
- We don’t have much time. Please work…
- Amina works fast, but she makes mistakes. She needs to work…
- Ershad has a lot of ideas for his science project. He always thinks…
- Bhavna has a test tomorrow. She needs to study…